What is UFT?
UFT or unified functional testing tool helps to run automated tests in order to detect errors, defects, or gaps.
What is UFT tool?
The tools that allow testers to execute automated functional testing seamlessly and without monitoring after the script development is complete is known as UFT tools.
What are the minimum requirements for installing UFT Tool?
The system requirements for installing UFT tools are-
- Pentium IV or higher microprocessor (1 GHz or higher)
- Minimum 1 GB memory requires for basic configuration and add-ins. For higher configuration and add-ins, you will need more memory.
- 16 bit high color settings
- 64 mb video memory on the graphics card
- Minimum 2 GB of free hard disk space.
What is API Testing in UFT?
Application Programming Interface or API refers to a collection of functions and procedures of software that can be run by other software applications. Its main features include testing minus GUI, programmatically simulate or control data, and focus on functionality.
What are the types of Automation Framework in UFT?
The types of Automation framework in UFT are-
- Behaviour Driven Development Framework
- Data Driven Testing Framework
- Hybrid Testing Framework
- Keyword Driven Testing Framework
- Linear Scripting Framework
- Modular Testing Framework
What Is Keyword Driven Framework In UFT?
Keyword driven framework in UFT is a type of functional automation testing that uses a table format such as a spreadsheet, to give definition to action words known as keywords for every function that can be executed.
What is Data Driven Framework in QTP?
Data-driven testing works by creating test scripts to read test data and output from data files without using the identical hard-coded values for every test runs. This allows the testers to test how the application takes care of various input.
What Is The Difference Between QTP And UFT?
The differences between QTP and UFT are-
Supports on GUI testing.
Supports both GUI and API testing.
It can run on Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.
It can run on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012 R2.
It has a slower and less secure installation process.
It has a faster and more secure installation process.
Less debugging features than UFT.
New and improved debugging feature.
How to Create a Soap UI Test using Uft?
The steps to create a SOAP UI Test using UFT are-
- Open HP UFT.
- Click New under File menu.
- Select Test.
- Select API Test and click on Create.
- Under Network in Toolbox, select SOAP Request.
- You can then run the test.
What is Test Recording in UFT?
Test recording in UFT means recording the actions of the user while the test is being executed. This enables the UFT to automatically generate the scripts that you are able to playback.
How to use XPath In UFT?
In QTP 11, you can add the XPath Object Identification Property to every Test Objects under Web Add-In. You can use XPath in the following ways-
- Instruct QTP to record Automatic XPath. You can do this from the settings options in Tools menu or by specifying the User Defined XPath in the Xpath Property.
- You can also allow the use of XPath Property in Object Repository or in Descriptive Programming.
- In case you are sure about the position of the required element, you can directly use an XPath query with a single ‘/’ as long as you are sure that HTML is the first node in your query.
What are the benefits of using an Explicit option in UFT?
The benefits of using an Option Explicit in UFT are-
- It is a good practice.
- It does not allow undeclared variables in any function.
- It is an easy to maintain standard test framework.
List all the Internal Add-Ins Available in UFT Tool?
The internal add-ins in UFT tool are-
- Active X
- People Soft
- Power Builder
- Terminal Emulator
- Visual Basic
- Visual Age
- Web Services
What is the Test Automation Framework?
Automation framework in UFT is a collection of guidelines that include coding standards, the app code structure and app data folders, retrieving external resources, storing test results, and shared object repositories etc.
What is the Latest Version Of UFT?
The latest version of UFT is UFT 14.
How to Read Data from Excel Sheet in UFT?
You can read data from an Excel Sheet in UFT by fist importing the sheet and then using the following syntax-
row_cnt=datatable.getrowcount for i=1 to row_cnt datatable.getsheet(i) a=datatable.value("header",1) b=datatable.value("header1",1) . . datatable.setnextrow Next
Why is QTP used in Automation Testing?
QTP is used in Automation Testing for the following reasons-
- It allows record and playback scripts with the help of active screen and screen object properties.
- Its object identification process is excellent.
- It supports a large number of add-ins like Oracle, Java, SAP, NET, People soft, etc.
- You can improve any existing tests without resorting to AUT through an active screen
- It supports automation frameworks like keyword driven testing approach, data-driventesting approach, etc.
- It has an inbuilt IDE.
- You can integrate it with test management tools such as Quality Center, Win runner, and Test Director.
- QTP supports XML
- Easy to maintain tool.
Is it Possible to Convert Existing QTP Scripts to Selenium Webdriver?
To convert an existing QTP Script to Selenium Webdriver, you have to add Selenium IDE or SauceLabs builder to Mozilla Firefox and record the execution of the QTP script in the browser. Then you have to export the VB script to Java or .Net script. However, the process is extremely lengthy and time-consuming.
How Many Types Of Recording Modes In The Qtp?
The types of recording modes available in QTP are-
- Context Sensitive Recording Mode
- Analog Recording Mode
- Low-level Recording Mode
How to Access Database in QTP UFT?
The steps to connect to a database in QTP/UFT are-
- Establish an ADODB connection object
- Generate Recordsetobject
- Establish the connection with DB using provider and server
- Write the SQL Query
- Run the query
Why we use objects in QTP UFT?
Every GUI element such as Buttons, Edit boxes, links, image, List box etc. are objects in UFT. The Uft./QTp saves the properties of these objects during or after run-time in the object repository for future use.
How to Synchronize UFT And AUT?
The steps to synchronise UFT and AUT are-
- Insert wait statement using the syntax Wait (Time in seconds)
- Insert Synchronization Point using syntax Object.WaitProperty “PropertyName”, Property value, Time in milliseconds
- Increase the default Tool Synchronization Time
- Run the Exist Property for Synchronization, General Error Handling or Non-Recordable Statements.
What is Virtual Object in QTP?
QTP usually works with standard objects. However, if there are non-standard objects in any application, then the QTP uses a utility, known as a virtual object, to map them as standard objects.
What is AOM In QTP?
Automation Object Model or AOM in QTP is an application programming interface that is used to write programs that automate the operations in QTP. The AOM offers objects, methods, and properties that give the user control over QTP from a different application.
What is Hybrid Framework in QTP?
A hybrid framework in QTP is a combination of Data Driven Framework (DDF) and Keyword Driven Framework (KDF) that allows the user to run several test cases with numerous inputs in the same test.