Middle C Jazz, Charlotte’s premier Live Music Club, is currently searching for an experienced Programming Specialist. Come experience a vibrant atmosphere filled with the sounds of Jazz, R & B, Martini glasses, and excitement. As Programming Coordinator, you will support our Programming Director in facilitating the booking of local, regional, and national acts at our growing music venue.
Who you are:
You are confident, friendly, and have passion for live entertainment and connecting with the community. You value the support of other’s initiatives, administratively adept in planning & organization. You can think on your feet, can balance several balls at one time, and always remain calm. You can work as a team; however, you can work independently. You enjoy music. You also have at least one year of administrative experience specifically in ticketing software, agreements, and file management.
• Performance Contracts
• Support Programming Director in facilitating contracts
• Receive and organize high volumes of deal points
• Draft contracts and ensure accuracy prior to submission for electronic signatures via DocuSign
• Regularly track status of outstanding requests and follow up with artists and/or representatives as needed
• Demonstrate discretion and handle confidential information concerning contracts
• Support Programming Director in collecting promotional materials from artists and/or representatives
• Maintain regular communication with artists and/or representatives concerning the status of promotional materials and follow up as needed
• Be proactive and research online links for artists to meet deadlines for publishing shows on website
Ticketing software management
• Point person for creating shows on website utilizing ETix ticketing software, managing updates as needed
• Review promotional material submissions from booked acts and edit to comply with ETix guidelines. This may involve reformatting pictures, shortening bios, or rewording titles or descriptions
• Proof shows created on ETix, submit for review to Programming Director, and publish to the website in a timely manner
• Perform ongoing audit research for Middle C Jazz including performance history and demonstrate effective organization to manage data
• Perform ongoing research and maintain relationships with local/regional/national artists, agents plus similar venues and the music industry overall
• Receive artist inquiries and gather relevant information to determine potential for booking
• Working with private events team, develop outreach plan for various non-profit organizations
• Establish and maintain relationships in the community on a regular basis
• Set up calls with inquiries and potential community & Non-Profit events
• An associate’s degree, 1 year of administration, and/or equivalent experience related to music, live entertainment, or hospitality.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
• Comfortable communicating with artists/representatives plus extended customer and employee interaction.
Position is 75% Remote. Occasional evenings/ weekends required.
Please email email@example.com
Programming Specialist – Axios Charlotte